The Know Your Merchant (KYM) process is a way for Globe, through its subsidiary, G-Xchange, Inc., to verify the legitimacy of a business that wishes to use GXI's products and services. This is done via face-to-face verification (be ready for a visit to your business premises). During the KYM process, the authorized Globe representative shall:
- Meet with the business owner or authorized representative
- Request for business papers
- Make an ocular inspection to determine the legitimacy of the business
- Verify as to what kind of industry classification you business belongs
- Inform that after your business has been accredited, you will get a GCash card and your Merchant Operating Guide via mail.
To be exempted from the Know Your Merchant your company must already be:
A. An existing Globe myBusiness customer AND
B. Availing of Globe Charge via a Postpaid Bundle
In addition, if your company is engaged in any of the following activities, it will NOT be exempted from Know Your Merchant process:
A. Telecommunication services, including, but not limited to, prepaid phone services and recurring phone services. This type of transaction includes of a Card in both Card-reading and non-Card-reading.
Ex. Load retailers
B. Computer Network/Information Services. These are providers of computer networks, information services, and other online services such as e-mail or Internet access.
Ex. Internet cafes
C. Direct Marketing Inbound Telemarketing Merchants
Ex. Outsourced telemarketers
Please see the table below for reference: